Need a hand putting Linux on PC/104 board

This is partially on and off-topic.

I am trying to put Linux on a AMPRO PC/104 module (C400 586-133/32MB). However, the unit does not have a VGA port.

No problem, as the unit supports a serial console, but in order to activate the serial console, you have to set it up in the BIOS screens, which (you guessed it), require the VGA access.

I was wondering if some helpful soul with a PC/104 VGA card could take the unit and help me out, both in configuring the system to use a serial console, and also gettting a small distro on it (I've done desktop installs, but never a SBC install).

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

On a related topic, I'm on the lookout for a small Linux capable SBC (x86 compatibility not needed) with serial and ethernet and a very low cost ( $100.00

--
Jim Brain, Brain Innovations
brain@jbrain.com                                http://www.jbrain.com

That's sort of a lame BIOS. Hrmph. You'll probably need to adjust other things in the BIOS, not least during manufacturing, so you might want to just find and buy a PC104 VGA card already.

These things can be had for under $200, which isn't much at all.

I've built many an embedded Linux product; feel free to contact me if you'd like a consultant.

Quantity? Horsepower? Memory? Flash? Environmentals? Etc.

The ucdimm people have small linux sbcs, some of which allegedly hit $90 in volume. The gumstix people have minimal pxa255 boards including one (sans ethernet, mind you) at $109 for 1. So keep looking, small cheap sbcs are out there...

--
Grant Taylor
Embedded Linux Consultant