Modem, chat & pppd...

Hi all! How can I test if chat and pppd can see the modem? Minicom can initalizing the modem and the modem can compose the telephone number I give it, but with pppd and chat I cant do this. I have followed various standard procedures I find online, but them don't work on my PC. It seems that chat can't see the modem because goes in timeout. Can anyone suggest me some preliminary test to configure modem, chat and pppd, so that than I can finally connect to my ISP with pppd and chat? Thank you very much.

Valentina Damato

Reply to
Valentina

Hi Valentina, Hope this could help you.

Ciao Marco Cavallini ============================================== Koan s.a.s. - Software Engineering (x86 and ARM) Linux and WinCE solutions for Embedded and Real-Time Software Via Pascoli, 3 - 24121 Bergamo - ITALIA Tel./Fax (++39) +35 - 255.235 -

Marco Cavallini

I update my request. Now I can see the modem and I can compose the number, but how Can I connect with the ISP with chap/pap? I have configured the files pap-secrets and chap-secrets but the error is "peer refused to authenticate". What can I do? Thanks, Valentina Damato

Reply to
Valentina