mingetty autologin

Hi,

I'm trying to enable autologin on a slax based embedded linux (for a kiosk device). I changed inittab this way:

original:

c1:1235:respawn:/sbin/agetty 38400 tty1 linux

to:

c1:1235:respawn:/sbin/mingetty --noclear --autologin=root tty1

On reboot, instead of autologin, on console 1 i see:

Welcome.. slax login: root (automatic login) Password:

and asks me the password. So autologin automatically writes user but not password. What's the problem?? :-( The same happens if I use another user.

Reply to
Omar

Omar ha scritto:

Look at this, maybe could help

-- Marco Cavallini Koan s.a.s. - Bergamo - ITALIA Embedded and Real-Time Software Engineering - Atmel Third Party Consultant

Marco Cavallini