memory footprint of openvpn

Hi, I am trying to put openvpn into an embedded linux box. After having configured and compiled openssl and openvpn, it works fine. BUT the memory footprint ist quite large compared with the applications size and the available flash space. After omitting unnecessary features via configure and after stripping the binary still needs 1.6 MB, mostly caused by openssl components. Has anybody succeeded in minimizing openvpn space requirements? For example, I don't see how I can drop unneeded crypto ciphers -- why include DES, DES3 or AES if I only use Blowfish?

TIA + regards Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Zabel