mdev.conf for handling Multiple USBs

Hi, I am using multiple USBs in small Linux embedded system. whenever I plug-In USB mdev creating the node in any of sd[a-z][1-9]. I want to map the each USB to my desired name. As of now I am using below rule in mdev.conf sd[a-z][1-9]* root:disk 0660 @ln -sf $MDEV USB

Now the problem with below scenarios.

1) first I connected one USB,suppose it mapped to sda1 at this stage USB pointing to sda1 USB->sda1 2) when I connect next USB,suppose it mapped to sdb1 at this stage USB pointing to sdb1 USB->sdb1

I am missing the 1) device soft link after switch on 2).

Is there any way to map linux default drives to my desired names in user space????

Thanks in Advance

Siva

Reply to
siva

If the devices are file systems, auto-mounting according to volume names instead of device names is the easiest way to have them mounted to the desired mount points.

Symlinks

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

Try udev. In udev u may create names as u like for ur device.

-SG

Reply to
subhasish