MCS51 emulator/simulator for UNIX

hi, I need a simulator for the amtel MCS51 microcontroller that I can run in UNIX (BSD, Linux). I found some freeware available only for windows.

The last resort would be to get VMWare and install a windows and run the simulator from there. But that seems like overkill to me.

Any links, tips are welcomed. Thanks!

Reply to
bulibuta

Begin3 Title: sim8051 Version: 1.0 Entered-date: 18MAY98 Description: A simulator for the 8051 microcontroller family Keywords: simulator, emulator, 8051, microcontroller Author: snipped-for-privacy@geocities.com (Alberto Firpo) Maintained-by: snipped-for-privacy@geocities.com (Alberto Firpo) Primary-site: sunsite.unc.edu /pub/Linux/system/Emulators 114 kB sim8051-1.0.tar.gz Alternate-site:

But I have _NO_ idea where you might find that. It hasn't been on sunsite for at least four years.

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

Hi, Try this : sdcc.sourceforge.net/

This is as fas as I know, the most popular 8051 simulatir for Linux. Btw, is your requirement a emulator or simulator and did you try googling before posting here ?

Reply to
raseelbhagat

Alberto Firpo's home page is:

So the code should be here:

Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

yes I did, and not only that, I searched torrents, limewire, irc etc.

finally I found lots of emulators on sourceforge, but they all seem like unfinished buggy software except one: cereal. That's a promissing piece of software.

and I want a simulator. I'll give sdcc a try, but I don't remember running into it on sourceforge.

Thanks.

Reply to
bulibuta

I've already tried it, but it breaks when I try to compile. As I remember I tried to fix it but it just got deeper and deeper until I gave up.

It happened to me a lot with many sourceforge projects.

Reply to
bulibuta

tried it, it's not even an emulator, but a compiler. quoting:

"SDCC is a Freeware, retargettable, optimizing ANSI - C compiler that targets the Intel 8051, Maxim 80DS390 and the Zilog Z80 based MCUs."

Thanks for the tip though, might use it in the future(-:

Reply to
bulibuta