Makefile editor recommendations?

Hi, I have a large Makefile to deal with. To make things a bit easier it would be nice to have an editor that understands Makefiles and can display various sections etc in a sort of Makefile explorer panel.

Any suggestions that can run on windows as well?

Thanks.

Reply to
Rob

Hello Rob, Rob schrieb:

I use the SCiTE editor for all Languages. See:

BaSystem Martin Raabe
E: Martin.RaabeB-a-S-y-s-t-e-mde
Reply to
Martin Raabe

gvim?

Oh, and Makefiles don't really have sections, to speak of...

--
Andrew
Reply to

Rob> Hi, I have a large Makefile to deal with. To make things a bit Rob> easier it would be nice to have an editor that understands Rob> Makefiles and can display various sections etc in a sort of Rob> Makefile explorer panel. Rob> Rob> Any suggestions that can run on windows as well?

The CDT plug-in for Eclipse has an outlining feature for Makefiles.

But personally, I mainly use Emacs for editing Makefiles.

Eric.

Eric Eide   .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX
Reply to
Eric Eide