low cost embedded hardware

i'm looking to build a little black box. i need cheap storage of an odd 40gig or thereabouts, and it looks like 3.5" ide ATA drives hit that mark at about 30 bucks. i need some CF, so that'll be another 20 bucks. i need a cpu (x86 or whatever), a couple of usb ports, some memory around 32megs, power supply, connectors for the drives, and cables to hook everything up, and a chassis. i figure this the whole kit and kaboodle ought to be under 300 bucks to buy. i'm looking around and seeing stuff that's close but a bit overkill, having stuff like a high power video/audio chip and all that isn't what i'm looking for. so my question is whether anyone has seen anything close to this around? any pointers to check out? mail me at osedax snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com if you've got the keys.

Reply to
Osedax Latin