Linux Vs vxWorks

Our company is in the process of replacing the outdated vxWorks OS. With the developments in the Linux world it is hard not to consider that when one chooses the embedded OS. I have seen some threads on this subject but they are all outdated. So please talk about your take on this subject. For this purpose, please consider the latest vxWorks offering (with kernel and user address spaces) and Linux offering from big vendors such as Monta Vista, WindRiver etc.

I'm also concerned about the latency of the Real time Linux kernels.

Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback and time.

Arun

Reply to
Arun

Our company is in the process of replacing the outdated vxWorks OS. With the developments in the Linux world it is hard not to consider that when one chooses the embedded OS. I have seen some threads on this subject but they are all outdated. So please talk about your take on this subject. For this purpose, please consider the latest vxWorks offering (with kernel and user address spaces) and Linux offering from big vendors such as Monta Vista, WindRiver etc.

I'm also concerned about the latency of the Real time Linux kernels.

Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback and time.

Arun

Reply to
Arun

"Arun" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

I've used both vxworks and Linux, with a rtx extension, but now I'm currently using QNX6.3 os, that ha a very good posix library, and a very good compatibility with the unix/linux applications and it is an hard real time os, as vxworks. Bye brix

Reply to
brix99luftballons