Linux RPM disassembler and RPM Decompiler tools !!

Hi ~!! Give me some disassemblers and Decompilers tools + links for Linux RPM files.

THanX, karthik bala guru

Reply to
bluekarthik

It is not clear at all (at least for me) what you want to do. Could you elaborate your question a little bit better? Have you looked at rpm.src packages for your favorite linux applications?

Reply to
Elder Costa

And please form your question more polite!

Sounds like "give me all your money!!" (o;

Reply to
Jedi

Why? The source code is available for just about every RPM out there.

Reply to
TCS

Why? Simply grab the source rpm and work with that. For example:

-rw-r--r-- 1 peanut users 255961 Aug 21 04:09 tcpdump-3.8.3-1.i386.rpm

-rw-r--r-- 1 peanut users 569547 Aug 21 04:10 tcpdump-3.8.3-1.src.rpm

See

[compton ~]$ whatis alien mc rpm2cpio alien (1) - Converts .tgz, .rpm and .deb packages mc (1) - Visual shell for Unix-like systems rpm2cpio (8) - Converts Red Hat Packge (RPM) to cpio archive rpm2cpio (8) - Extract cpio archive from RPM Package Manager (RPM) package [compton ~]$

There is no need to disassemble or decompile when you can read the source directly. See also

-rw-rw-r-- 1 gferg ldp 44071 Sep 12 2002 RPM-HOWTO

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

Jedi, Ok, sorry for that blunt question. I would phrase it kindly !! Thanx for that, Happy Holidays, karthik bala guru

Reply to
bluekarthik

RPM2CPIO - converts RPM archive to CPIO archive objdump - dumps executable files, includes switches for disassembly, relocation tables, etc.

Jon

--
Learn to program using Linux assembly language
http://www.cafeshops.com/bartlettpublish.8640017