Linux Router needed

Hello

(and hello to Michael Schnell +g+)

I have the following problem: I use a very fast internet connection (T3) currently over "standard" PC routers.

Because they need too much energy I want a solution, that needs much less power...

I must say that my knowledge in this area is not so much...

Maybe that is the wrong group (sorry), but I try it ;o)

the linux host should be as small as possible...

does somebody know a solution for me?!?!

-- MMilitsch

Reply to
Marco Militsch

power...

How many Ethernet sockets do you need ?

If it's just one and you want it _very_ small and Linux based, you can take a look at the Dil-NetPC. Come over to my office, I have one there.

If you want it still smaller or need it small with multiple Ethernet Sockets, you might consider an non - Linux solution (e.g. using a Ubicom CPU, that comes with a complete TCP/IP stack, router software etc. in source code.) Come over to my office, I have some PCBs there.

Wrong. There are lots of very small Linux enabled PCBs. Most using ARM CPUs. E.g. take a look at

.

You are here very rightfully .

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

power...

Any of the embedded linux routers have FT1/T1 interfaces, including the DSU/CSU and work with Frame Relay?

2.6.x kernel?

James

Reply to
James

routers.

power...

is promising, depending on your interface needs.

James

Reply to
James

power...

show me it, when i am in the office at monday ;o)

i simply need an low-power "pc", that is installed on the top hat rail in our flat. there are many cables, that go into the cellar, so i do not have to set up more cables than necessary...

thx! when we have t-dsl i will visit this site, but currently over our very very fast 56k modem line for 4 families i won't open so much pages, cause of the traffic costs... therefore i use the line only for mailing and usenetting ;o)

MMilitsch

Reply to
Marco Militsch