Linux on 'hardware router'

Hi,

recently I found out that my old and unused router

- 1stWave Wavemaxx Pro II

was also sold as:

- AboCom WR104

- Longshine LCS-883R WR4

It contains an ADMtek ADM5106 CPU and has a AboCom WB1500S wireless card. Did anyone succeed in porting/installing a "micro" linux on this piece of hardware or some other "open source" firmware?

Many thanks in advance Matthias

Reply to
Matthias Möller

Have a look at this site:

Sven

--
"Thinking of using NT for your critical apps?
                                  Isn't there enough suffering in the world?"

OK, that sousnds interesting. Infortunately they use an ADM5120 CPU

Matthias

Reply to
Matthias Möller

The Connexant cx84200 and the ADMtek ADM5106 are the same and uses an ARM7TDMI core.See:

Watch wrap around and the '='sign:

Greg Holdren

'='sign:

Dumb Outlook. Take Greg off the the tinyurl link.

Reply to
Greg Holdren

Good to know, thank you. See:

I tried the links given above but there is still one (at the moment) open question. Do I need some serial adapter or is it possible to upload the firmware via tftp?

Matthias

Reply to
Matthias Möller

'='sign:

I believe that the NWR04b Network Anywhere uses the serial port per the following docs. I dont have one so I have never done it. see:

I would look at the Development archives:

Greg

Reply to
Greg Holdren