linux on arm core

Hi,

Is there any stable version of Linux porting on ARM core?

Besides, is it possible to port Linux onto a 4M rom and 4M ram system?

Thanks in advance, Liang

Reply to
Liang

Yes.

Yes, but tricky.

Reply to
Geronimo W. Christ Esq

E.g. the Linksys NSLU2 is a commercial device that runs Linux on am ARM.

There are a lot of other commercial devices (e.g. routers) that work alike.

OTOH that are quite a lot different "ARM cores" and each of them implemented in different chips of different brands.

So I suppose the correct answer to the questions is that this depends on a lot of circumstances.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

Absolutely yes. Please refer to

and
for more details.

Reply to
zhwang

Yes, I ever run linux-2.4 in uClinux-dist on 2M arm platform.But I guess linux-2.6 need more ram, maybe 4M

Reply to
blackfin.kang

Try uclinux

Metaosp

Reply to
metaosp

I just did some investigations about Linux on ARM9 (e.g. Atmel RM9200). This core has an MMU and thus can run the "big" (non µC) Linux.

Here we have several Kernel distributions that come with development systems for the chip (from Atmel) or for OEM cards (e.g. SSV, DIGI, ...)

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell