Linux on Admtek ADM5120

Hi !

Yesterday i bought wireless router which is based on ADM5120 chip. I've read documentation about this chip and it is very intresting (mainly ability to creating VLAN's and per port MAC filtering). With this chip it is possible to do very advanced soap-box size firewall/router/bridge device. My last experience with embedded linux was my own firewall solution based on device with RTL8181 onboard. It was great fun with it, but it was quite easy - i've downloaded Realtek's SDK based on linux 2.4.18, then tried open source SDK based on 2.4.27 kernel and both worked well. Almost everything was done - i just needed to compile busybox, apply ebtables to kernel, write some scripts and device is ready and operating till today:)

But things doesn't look so easy with ADM5120. I know that almost every device based on this chip runs embedded linux. So it is possible to put my own linux into it. But i cannot find any SDK. Newsgroups archives are almost empty. ADM5120 is quite new chip so there is no starting point avalaible with google :)

Maybe at this group are people who already did something with ADM5120. I have some (maybe lame and stupid) questions for them:

- is there any SDK which will have kernel and basic software already ported to ADM5120 ?

- if not - what should i try first ?

- ADM5120 is MIPS 4000. RTL8181 is MIPS 3000. Are they compatible? Is it possible to run software compiled for MIPS3000 on MIPS4000 based chip?

at the end - some links:

ADM5120 datasheet:

Russian page about device similar to mine: (yo can use

to translate it to english)

thanks for any advance Marcin Szczepaniak Poland

Reply to
Marcin Szczepaniak

Have a look at

There seems to be a faie amount of information and further links there.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Riggs