Linux on a USB pendrive

Hi,

I'm trying to get a small embedded filesystem running from a pendrive. I have it booting the kernel, but it always fails when It goes to mount the root filesystem.

It always complains about "block-device-8".

Anyone got any thoughts? Thanks

Iain

Reply to
Wee Beastie

Only thoughts. Probably not much in the way of help.

This sounds familiar. Are you using LILO? Did you run it on a system other than your target? Are you aware of "disk="?

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

Devil linux has scrpts to create a Pen Drive distribution. Try having a look and see if you can use it as a base?

Vincent Crabtree

There are a bunch of issues here, but one thing that needs to be pointed out: After loading your USB module and the usb-storage module, you should pause for three or four seconds, because it takes a finite time for the device to be mountable.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards