Linux kernel 2.6.17.6 compilation error w/ ML403 platform config.

Hi,

when building the 2.6.17.6 kernel w/ the default ml403_platform config file, I get an error message relative to the include/asm/processor.h file and an undefined CONFIG_x86_L1_CACHE identifier. Could someone help me finding out what this problem is about? I found nothing very usefull on the internet.

Many thanks,

Eric

PS: I use binutils-2.17 & gcc-4.1.1.

Reply to
NOSPAM, Eric

Well, I'm by no means an expert here, but I assume when you are referencing the ml403 platform, you're talking about the PowerPC core embedded in the Virtex 4 FX FPGA. From your error, it sounds like you are pulling in x86-related headers. So I'd guess that you haven't properly selected your architecture (i.e., PowerPC instead of x86).

John

Reply to
john.orlando