linux gui

I'm working on arm embedded project and we would need gui for our application. I tried microwindows but I'm little hesitating on this one, because it is not being developed any more and it has some issues making it unstable in some occasions (my experience). We don't need fully featured gui like gpe or qt/e just enough to display images, play sound and play video.

Anyone had any experience with gtk+-2.x, tinyX on ARM architecture ?

Reply to
himba

I dowloaded microwindows from CVS and the last update was last february 28th. Though it seems it is not receiving agressive feature additions, I wouldn't say it is not being developed anymore (at least it is being maintained.) We have used it on a PXA255 and have had good results so far though it has not gone through extensive tests under heavy load so far.

Regards.

Elder.

Reply to
ih8sp4m

himba wrote in news:O4wmc.2208$ snipped-for-privacy@news.siol.net:

GPE is built on top of GTK+-2.2 and tinyX on xscale/arm. It already works. Just take the GPE stuff you don't need out and use the GTK libs directly.

-Gerry

Reply to
Gerry Lachac

himba wrote in news:O4wmc.2208$ snipped-for-privacy@news.siol.net:

Who claims that?

You must be doing something wrong, then.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88   Web: www.denx.de
A little suffering is good for the soul.
	-- Kirk, "The Corbomite Maneuver", stardate 1514.0
Reply to
Wolfgang Denk