linux framebuffer logo colors

I've gotten my framebuffer working, but the logo that appears at boot doesn't seem to be displayed in the correct colors. The tux logo is all purple. I've tested the framebuffer device as suggested in QT HOWTO-framebuffer.doc and I get a gradiated red square as it says, so I know there isn't a color problem with my display.

I have an Epson S1D13806 graphics controller hooked up to a Sharp

320x240 TFT LCD panel runnining in 16bit color mode. Any ideas as to why the logo is not showing up properly?

On another note, I've tried using the fblogo application to create my own boot up logo from a png file, but I can't seem to get it to work. I have a 320x240 bitmap and I've changed fbcon.c, but I just get garbage on the screen. Any ideas?

Reply to
Zhrodague

Anthony