Linux for embedded mpc5xx

I'm trying to build a cross compiler for mpc5xx boards. My distribution is SuSe 9.2. I've been following Graig Hollabaugh's "Embedded Linux" book. I've done this before a couple of years ago using a Redhat release and it worked fine.

The sequence is : build binutils build gcc build glibc rebuild gcc using glibc.

The first build of gcc always fails. Where it fails depends on which release I'm using.

Has anyone had any luck building a cross compiler under SuSe 9.1 or 9.2?

--
crynwulf
Reply to

Daniel Boline
Dept of Physics, Boston University
Reply to
Daniel Boline

I found kegel.com earlier this afternoon. It looks promising.

The newer releases all seem to fail trying to make gnat ada. Something to do with "amake". Others fail trying to make loop.o from loop.c. The error is a missing close " inside a long comment about the chill parser. Other distributions fail on various _something and __something functions. Chill parser seems to be the most common problem. Native builds go OK. Only cross builds fail.

--
crynwulf
Reply to

Why wouldn't you just download ELDK 3.1 from Denx and save yourself the aggravation?

Reply to
gvarndell

Now that I have the link, I'll give it a try. I'm constrained to download via a Windows machine (no ncftp) and then copy to a removable media to carry to the Linux machines. I looked for a way to order the CD and have sent an e-mail to Denx asking how to buy a CD.

--
crynwulf
Reply to