Linux embedded on SuperH

Hi all,

I've got the HiCO.SH3 development kit by

which hosts a Linux Embedded O.S. The microcontroller that's on the board is a SH3-DSP family more precisely a SH7727 by Renesas which has CPU core, DSP core, MMU, USB etc.

The fact that there is an operating system running on top of everything I cannot access Timer, A/D directly. I want to find a way where I can access all the registers without compromising the OS's integrity.

I need to make an aquisition of a signal through the A/D converter at

7.2kHz and make some digital elaboration with it.

Can someone address me a link or explain how the whole system works?

Best regards,

Ivan Wagner.

Reply to
Ivan Wagner

No one able to help me out?

Ivan Wagner wrote:

Reply to
Ivan Wagner

Hello,

It seems not. Maybe you can have a look at coLinux, which is a port of the kernel on top of Windows NT. But I think they implemented it as a service which may not be appropriate for your purpose.

Maybe you have to emulate some devices, or use the operating system to access parts of the hardware.

I have to admit that I don't know what you really want to do... or how the board works.

Hope this helps, Sebastian

Reply to
Sebastian