linux driver - insmod does nothing, init_module never called.

I'm working on getting a CANBus driver installed on my box, and am having a lot of difficulty getting it to load correctly. I have finally traced down the problem to the fact that when I call

# insmod can

and get

Using /lib/modules/2.4.26-vrs1-pxa1-arcom3-1-viper/misc/can.o

nothing else happens. lsmod shows that the driver has "installed" but even when I dumb down the init_module and cleanup_module calls to just call printk to give me signs of life I see nothing.

Does anyone have suggestions as to how I could go about tracking down why init_module isn't being called on the load of that module and how I could fix that problem?

Thanks, Miah Wander

Reply to
jdwander

does the message display to another dest?

try dmesg, maybe you can see some message of your printk.

Reply to
wuulong

Excellent, that shows me the driver has installed correctly. I appreciate your help.

Reply to
jdwander