Linux development tools for TI TMS320C28x DSP?

Hello,

I am looking for linux development tools targetting the Texas Instruments TMS320C28x DSP/Microcontroller. A gcc port, like the msp430-gcc for the smaller microcontrollers, would be an ideal solution. Other tools by third party vendors would be the alternative. Unfortunately TI does not support Linux directly.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers

Jens

PS: forgive my crossposting and mind the follow-up, please.

--
Please do not send any mail to the address given above, it will be ignored.
Use jens DOT pruefer AT gmx DOT  instead.

I don't know about the Texas C Compiler for the TMS320C28x, but the compiler for the TMS320C3x runs under Wine (even older versions) without any problems, and the generated code is quite good.

Regards

Uz

--
Ullrich von Bassewitz                         uz@spamtrap.musoftware.de
 20:36:12  up 61 days, 21:21, 10 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.04

Hi,

Hmm, it would still require me to purchase the tools. Then I might as well run them under Windows. I was hoping to find something in the open source world. After all, those C2000/3000/5000/etc. seem to be quite popular. I don't know the slightest bit about compilers, otherwise I'd help start a project to make a gcc frontend for those MCUs.

Thanks for the help anyhow.

Jens