Linux bootloader for XScale

Hi all,

We are working on a Intel DBPXA255 based platform and we have to port embedded Linux to it. We are using ElinOS version 2.2 and we have seen that there are many boot strategies (eboot, etherboot, rolo, lilo,...).

We'd like to know which is the most aproppiated bootloader in our case. We would thank you any advice, because we are new in the Linux world.

Thanks in advance,

Lur

Reply to
lur

On a Intel DBPXA255 based platform I suggest UBOOT

Reply to
Helix

Aren't these for x86 architectures? We are talking here of a totally different architecture and it implies different tools and strategies.

May I suggest you buy Karim Yaghmour's book?

There are 4 or 5 boot loaders for ARMs in general (and PXA2xx in particular). Besides UBOOT mentioned elsewhere, look for redboot.

Regards.

Reply to
Elder Costa

Hello Lur,

we are using uboot. Very handy, if you have to boot from jffs2 or to load a fpga.

best regards Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Mües

While developing your software Etherboot is the best way, as the files are residing on you development system.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell