Limiting ramdisk size

Hi.

Is there a way to limit the size of the RAM mounted as tmpfs? I tried through the kernel configurator but it does not offer any option for this. A coworker has performed some search in the net upon my request but he could not find any hint either. We are using kernel 2.6.18. We are willing to patch the kernel if we have to (provided it is within our limited knowledge).

Thank you very much in advance.

Elder.

Reply to
ih8sp4m

Answering to my own post as it can be useful to somebody: one can mount the tmpfs with size=4m (for 4MB size) in the options field. I just do not understand what the size constant in the kernel configurator as well as the rd driver are for.

Regards.

Elder.

Reply to
ih8sp4m