kswapd sucking up 30 - 50% CPU

I have an arm system with 32 MB ram. When I run a process, kswapd starts sucking up lots and lots of CPU - like 30 to 50%.

There's no swap on the system, and free shows 12 out of the available 28 MB is free.

Is there any way to turn off kswapd? Any /proc settings I can use to shut it down?

--Yan

Reply to
CptDondo

I'd start by understanding why you are seeing the unusual activity. turning off the kernel swapping is going to hide or obfuscate a deeper problem in your system.

Reply to
noone