kaffe and jikes

Hi all,

I'm porting kaffe to an embedded mips machine. I corrctly compiled version 1.1.2, but stopped with 1.1.6 as it needs jikes.

Is the a way to compile kaffe without using Jikes?

thanks giammy

-- Gianluca Moro Visit

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com MyBlog

giangiammy

Are you cross-compiling? Or compiling directly on the mips machine?

Jikes compiles to java bytecode. The result should be portable to all platforms.

best regards Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Mües

Thanks for the info,

I'm compiling natively on a mips machine, anyway, I have taken the rt.jar compiled on Pc and put on the MIPS machine. Now kaffe is running, configured with the line attached, and execute java programs with textual I/O. With graphical output, I get the following error:

java.awt.AWTError: Cannot load AWT toolkit: gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GtkToolkit

My system is a Linux 172.16.31.161 2.4.21-pre4 #253 Fri Feb 11 15:39:14 CET 2005 mips unknown unknown GNU/Linux running with Nano-X (microwindows-0.90)

I think I'm missing some file or libraries: do you have any idea where to look for?

thanks giammy

the configure line:

export JIKESPROG=/usr/local/kaffe/bin/javac ;./configure

--with-jikes=no --with-engine=intrp --enable-pure-java-math

--without-esd --without-kaffe-x-awt --without-classpath-gtk-awt

--with-kaffe-nanox-awt --with-jikes=no

--with-rt-jar=/home/AMDgiammy/kaffe-1.1.6/libraries/javalib/rt.jar

Reply to
giangiammy

the problem seem to be the missing libgtkpeer.so: the problem is that my platform has just nano-X: do I need to give some runtime options to kaffe to tell it to use nano-X? or am I missin a compile time options?

by the way, in kaffe.1.1.6 I have classpath-gtk classpath-qt where there's the gtkpeer library, but there's not a classpath-nano-x. Is this correct? nanoX do not need a peer library?

bye giammy