JTAG tools for Xscale (or ARM in general) and GNU toolchain

Hi. In other thread Lewin Edwards has mentioned Macraigor's Jiggler and Raven as tools for ARM processors software development. I am in need for a tool to develop kernel modules (in particular for RTAI/newlxrt). I have been recommended Abatron tools but only BDI2000 supports GNU tools and it's fairly expensive so I would appreciate having second opinions before making a decision.

So I would like to have opinion on Macraigor's tools (namely the Raven and mpdemon) from people that are using them for ARM development under and for Linux. Are they usable for kernel modules development?

I must stress I am completely newbie as far as this kind of tool is concerned (newbie and several other things too for that matter :-) ) but it must be easy to guess by the questions above.

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Elder.

Reply to
ih8sp4m