initrd

After a new linux installation, i'm unable to boot with previous installed linux. This is because previous installed initrd is overwritten with new initrd.

How do I fix this in order to boot with previous linux installation.

Thanks in advance.

Nilesh

Reply to
Nilesh

| After a new linux installation, i'm unable to boot with previous | installed linux. | This is because previous installed initrd is overwritten with new | initrd. | | How do I fix this in order to boot with previous linux installation.

The new initrd is not compatible with the old kernel? You need to install the combination of all old components. That, or redesign the components to be incrementally compatible.

| Phil Howard KA9WGN (ka9wgn.ham.org)  /  Do not send to the address below |
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
phil-news-nospam

This is the way I fix it:

  • boot from CD (knoppix)
  • mount filesystem
  • chroot
  • mkinitrd (after correcting /etc/mkinitrd/mkinitrd.conf) Hope it helps.

wimpunk

Reply to
wimpunk