Inexpensive Developer Boards

I'm looking for an inexpensive development board (< $300). It needs at minimum ethernet and serial interfaces, though having a wifi interface that could be passed to a directional antennae would be even better than ethernet. It can run off of either a solid state or a hard drive.

This is actually just a gadget that I'm helping a friend build, but would like to gain experience in doing embedded development in Linux along the way.

Anyway, let me know.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Bartlett

Reply to
Jonathan Bartlett

Dan N

Check out:

I've used their boards in the past - they are good, well-supported, and worth the money.

I recommend buying a case for the board you pick. The case is usually an extra 30 USD. Here's a picture of an example case:

OBDisclaimer: I don't work for, or derive income from Soekris.

Good luck.

Reply to
Ari Rankum

might also be what you are looking for, 2 x ethernet + 4 x mini-pci.

Reply to
embedded

I keep eyeing these boards:

Pretty sweet setup, and the price is right ($150 USD). Lots of folks using them and there is a Yahoo group supporting the TS7200 development effort.

Standard disclaimer: Don't work for 'em/with 'em...just tempted by 'em.

John

Reply to
john.orlando

I should be able to file a first-hand report shortly.... After months of convincing the higher-ups of the need to use linux rather than a propriatary solution I have a test board on the way....

Reply to
Captain Dondo

Captain Dondo wrote: : snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: : > I keep eyeing these boards: : > : >

: > : > Pretty sweet setup, and the price is right ($150 USD). Lots of folks : > using them and there is a Yahoo group supporting the TS7200 development : > effort. : >

: I should be able to file a first-hand report shortly.... After months : of convincing the higher-ups of the need to use linux rather than a : propriatary solution I have a test board on the way....

The Yahoo group is at

You might like to look at some info I put together about a year ago (for my local LUG) on the TS7200 at

all the best

Reply to
J Jackson