Incomplete boot

Hello all,

[PPC/Buildroot/busybox/uClibc setup]

Not sure where to post this, but I have a bunch of embedded cards and sometimes the boot doesn't complete (some of the /etc/init.d/ scripts are not launched). I'm trying to figure out the cause as it seems completely random. The only thing different in the logs is the following:

Jul 27 12:00:08 genepi19 user.notice kernel: klogd: exiting Jul 27 12:00:09 genepi19 syslog.info syslogd exiting

NFS is not completely reliable. I see a whole bunch of the following messages but tracking the cause a couple months back proved fruitless:

Jul 27 12:01:40 genepi19 user.notice kernel: [ 77.765353] nfs: server

192.168.1.185 not responding, still trying Jul 27 12:01:40 genepi19 user.notice kernel: [ 77.773426] nfs: server 192.168.1.185 OK
--
Guillaume Dargaud
http://www.gdargaud.net/

Hello Guilaume Dargaud, Just a guess.. try debugging from the disk access point of view as NFS is involved. It could be some network related issue.

Cheers, Kaushal.

Reply to
Kaushal Rampalli

Try a different filesystem does it work better?

Yep, see the first comment.

And, on a human level, the tag line takes on a whole new perspective for me as I get older.

--
// This is my opinion.
Reply to