I need a one millisecond interrupt tick and can't get one...

In my DOS embedded system I modified the System timer from 55 ms to 1 ms and updated my hardware when interrupted. I counted to 55 zeroed that count and 'Chained' to the system timer routine to satisfy the OS.

How can I get a hold of a 1ms timer interrupt in Linux as simple?

Reply to
<wmoritz

Since the HRTs are present in the kernel you can use them to get _any_ time you want. Maybe you will also need the RT Preempt patch to be able to catch this higher rate of events with a low latency.

JB

Reply to
Juergen Beisert