htpasswd / Synology

Hello,

I have a web server in my DS 101 Synology. The .htaccess is ok, but I the authentification fails with the .htpasswd file (crypted with my Debian Sarge 3.1).

How can I have a good crypted password (in fact, where can I find a useful tool to crypt passwords for my Synology)?

Regards, Francois

--
Francois A.
_________

Excellent newsreader : http://mesnews.no-ip.com
Reply to
Almaleh

Hello,

I think apache should have a tool called "htpasswd", I found two manpages

(Apache 1.3)
(Apache 2.0) You could compile this tool for your target machine and let it crypt by itself; because if you crypt the passwords on the same machine, it should work under all circumstances.

is a web-based crypter, usable for some simple passwords...
same goes here, including the user name. Here you can crypt passwords and compare them against your own. Maybe your crypt on Debian is somewhat broken.

Hope this helps; Regards, Sebastian

Reply to
Sebastian

Hello ,

If you place your .htpasswd file, which is not under web root location, that is a good enough security/the best security. You need to update your .htaccess accordingly with the new location!

Best Regards, Vivekanandan m

Reply to
Vivekanandan M