Howto install LILO on hard driver.

Hi everyone,

I have created bootable ISO CD (with isolinux.bin) and started Linux with it. Then I formated my hard driver /dev/hda, created a new root file system on it.

How can I make my hard-driver bootable?

I tried to use the lilo command to install LILO on it, but it didn't work properly. When I rebooted the system from hard-driver, the system has the exact mounting configuration as I called the lilo command, e.g. the / is mounted on /dev/ram0. But I want to mount / to /dev/hda1.

Is there another way to make a hard driver bootable?

Thanks in advance,

James X. Li

Reply to
JXL