how to know whether the kernel supports RTP protocol

hi all, i want to transmit PS stream from a server to a client,and the server is an embedded linux, but i dont known whether the kernel supports the RTP protocol? i try to find is there any lib file include the character rtp, but i find none, but i cant sure the kernel dosent support the TRP.

is there any way to make sure whether the kernel support RTP protocol?

thanks

Reply to
freegnu

Hello,

[...]

Just a guess (I cannot look at the moment), but if you have /proc mounted, you could have a look there. I think somewhere are kernel internal protocols listed. Otherwise the output of dmesg could be worth a look.

But, just a guess.

Regards, Sebastian

Reply to
Sebastian

freegnu schrieb:

What kind of RTP support would you expect from the kernel ?

RTP is transported through UDP. You need some kind of library that helps sending RTP packets (or write one yourself...)

/S

--
Stefan Naewe
stefan_DOT_naewe_AT_atlas_DOT_de