how 2 compile individual C files inside kernel source

I have to compile individual files for ex: /usr/src/linux/net/ethernet/eth.c to get eth.o. It has many dependencies, how to solve them? Do we need to write any script 2 compile that or .....????

If anybody know abt this,

then please reply.

thanks in advance,

Gopal

Reply to
Gopal

Please tell what you're trying to achieve. If you could compile the source, what are you going to use the object file for?

It is not possible to exchange a single file in the kernel without having a compatible set of other kernel pieces, so the result of exchanging a single object code file would probably lead to an undesired end result.

Tauno Voipio tauno voipio @ iki fi

Reply to
Tauno Voipio

Touch file file and then do a "make" in the main kernel source directory.

No idea what you're asking.

No. Use make.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  This MUST be a good
                                  at               party -- My RIB CAGE is