help : uboot crosscompile problem

I want to compile boot.bin in redhat linux box based on u-boot 1.1.0 for ads860 board, but I can not find the toolchain for ppc860_gcc-**** when make all .Who can tell me where can i find these or how can I generate by myself in linux box?

regards

Reply to
Wang RD

The project name is "U-Boot" (not uboot or so). Please use the correct name. Also, U-Boot related questions have much better chances for helpful replies on the u-boot-users mailing list.

See

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88   Web: www.denx.de
Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ...  and  the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
                                                  - Wernher von Braun
Reply to
Wolfgang Denk

Hi Tony,

If you're wanting to build your own toolchain you should take a look at Karim's book: Building Embedded Linux Systems. It's a fantastic book & goes into great detail on building toolchains. He also has a great example on an MPC860 toolchain build described on his website... embeddedtux.org. I was able to use the notes to successfully build a toolchain for an MPC823... which is fairly similar... from my understanding thus far. If you really want to have personalized instruction... I highly recommend taking one of Karim's classes. I took one a few weeks ago.... It was fantastic and was a great starting point for me to starting building my own tools... instead of being tied to a particular vendors typically outdated tools.

Best Regard,

Edwin Bland

make

myself