HELP: PC104 IO card Driver Problem

Dear friends

Can anybody Help me regarding this PC104 driver. How to do read and write on Pc104 IO card.I will be a great help for me

Deatails Given Below: I am writing a Linux device driver for Diamond systems IR104 digital IO card. This is a PC104 bus device(that means it ISA bus compatible). The Platform is Arcom Viper borad(with support for PC104), This is a Xscale, Little endian Platform.

The Specification of PC104 interface given in Viper borad manual is:

0x3C000000-0x3CFFFFFF PC/104 memory space(16MB) 0x30000000-0x300003FF PC/104 IO space(1KB)

Specification given in IR104 manual is: I made the jumber setting so that, the IO space addresses taken by 8 registers will be 0x300-0x307

The driver should do read and write on this registers(character device driver).

I took two approaches one is: i added IO space and 0x300, did inb() and oub().(IO space base address and 0x300) otherway i did ioremap on added result, did inb() and oub().

In the second method: I did same procedures using IO memory space

both methods are giving errors, i think that is related to paging. i think there is a need for disabling paging in this space.

Please help regarding this. How to solve this.

Nobin Mathew

Reply to
nobin.mathew

Have you tried a read/write to address 0x30000300? I would imagine that you will get an ISA IO bus cycle with address 0x300.

Regards,

Paul.

Remove _rem_ before replying by email.

Reply to