hard disk not found

I work on an arcom elan pc 104 with the kernel 2.2.17 (arcom distribution). I connect a Hard Disk (master on 2nd IDE) on the PC 104 but the kernel not found the HD (I power on the HD before power on the pc 104) the kernel say : "ide2: ports already in use, skipping probe" Who can help me?? (I try several HDs)

Reply to
Guillaume

"Guillaume" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

maybe I ;o)

I had the same problem but in an other environment... are there any daemons that could "use" the HD?

-- MMilitsch

Reply to
Marco Militsch

Look into your BIOS setup: Is the second ide port enabled?

JB

--
Juergen Beisert        jbeisert@eurodsn.de
Reply to

my BIOS is strange, and i thinck no , the BIOS say:

1st boot: floppy 2nd boot:hard disk (a flash memory here buut it works) 3th boot:none
Reply to
Guillaume

kernel command line: hdc=flash ?

Reply to
Bruno Hostettler

why not? i will try and i give an answer

Reply to
Guillaume