gtk+ on embedded device

Hello Newsgroup!

Gtk+ installation means to cross compile a lot of libraries, which depend on each other. Is there an easier way to install gtk+ using framebuffer backend? ( I mean linux-fb )

I know how to install gtk+ on my host (source-files, X11-target). But when I have to install the X-libraries for embedded system there seems to be no end to dependency of libraries.

________________________ what I compiled already:

glib-2.4.6 fontconfig-2.2.99 freetype-2.1.9 expat-1.95.8 libXft-2.1.6 libXrender-0.9.0 xft-2.1.2 libX11-6.2.1 libXau-0.1.1

________________________________ only for compile time (on host): pkgconfig-0.15.0

I know pango, atk and gtk+ are still missing :-)

There is DirectFB, but the dependend libraries have no parameter to tell them. So they want X11. And these libraries have to be installed before gtk+ (which of course has the parameter --target=linux-fb)

How do I get gtk+ to work on an embedded device?

Albrecht

Reply to
Albrecht Ellinger

Hi Albrecht,

I did not look at it in detail, but could nano-gtk be an answer. (Please google for it I forgot the exact link)

It's based on nanoX and should be relatively simple to be ported.

bye

NKF

Albrecht Ell> Hello Newsgroup!

Reply to
News KF

nanoX-Gtk? never heard of it, I will have a look. At first sight, nanoX seems to be a GUI-Library itself. Same as GTK+.

Bye

Albrecht

Reply to
Albrecht Ellinger