Graphic LCD controller on ARM9

I'm looking for a graphic LCD controller chip for an Atmel's AT91RM9200 based board.

I cannot use the Epson's S1D13806 as in Atmel's evaluation board as this part will be discontinued.

My board is actually a cut-down of the Atmel's evaluation board (keeping RAM, FLASH, serial, USB, Ethernet and dropping everything else) running Linux 2.4.19.

I need to drive a 640x480 monochrome LCD display (HITACHI LMG7550-XUFC), but the system must be capable to drive up to 800x600 color LCDs (to be determined). Of course, I need Linux drivers too.

Any recommendation, suggestion, web pointers?

Reply to
Elettronica Imola

Are you sure ? I am still using that graphic controller.

.snip.

What about choice a controller and then develop a new driver ? Ciao

--Helix

Reply to
Helix

The news comes from my supplier, he accepts new orders until the end of 2004 for deliveries to March 2005. He represents the italian branch of a pan-european distributor. I don't know if the same applies to non-european markets.

I'm new to the Linux world and I fear that writing a driver is not a beginner's task. Please correct me if this is untrue.

I'm also new to the field of graphic controllers, so I don't know what manufacturers to search for suitable parts. The only I know are Epson, Oki, Fujitsu. Any suggestion welcome.

Reply to
Elettronica Imola

This is what I heard from my U.S. Friends as well.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson   ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com

Have you considered the new EPSON chip ? If you need a driver I can help you developing it. Feel free to contact me directly. Ciao

--Helix

Reply to
Helix

What chip do you mean?

Reply to
Elettronica Imola

In general, this is not an easy problem. For applications that use an ARM core and require high-resolution LCD support, a SoC with suitable LCD controller inbuilt is generally recommended. I'd suggest the XScale range... good Linux support, also.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Maybe S1D13716 or one of the below Your shorter link is:

Ciao

Reply to
Helix

"Helix" skrev i meddelandet news:c1f71a$1su$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread.albacom.net...

There is nothing comparable in the list. The 806 has 1,25 MB Embedded DRAM...

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson   ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com
This is a personal view which may or may not be
share by my Employer Atmel Nordic AB

> --Helix

Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

Try using the Sharp LH7A400 with an external Ethernet MAC. You can get $349 eval board from Logic

to get you strarted. I understand Linux has been/or is being ported to it. It can 800x600 panel. Logic has a display kit for this size as well with a

12.1" diagonal.

Reply to
ZO