Global symbol suppression

We have a problem in our particular embedded environment where two application are linked on together on and executed on a linux platform. The compilation tools are also only available on linux. The problem is that our application and the other application both use different versions of a particular library, and the linking seems to get screwy. So the application we cannot change bails out while trying to resolve some symbols into our memory space.

Are there any tools available for linux that would resolve this sort of symbol collision? We've tried a number of linker options to no avail.

Reply to
kevin.hendry

Last resort: Link your application with the static version of the library.

regards Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Mües

If you are forced to use shared libraries, install both versions of the required libraries on your target.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen Beisert