gdbserver debug multithreads program

I'm trying to remotely debug a multithreaded application with gdbserver. When the program reaches a breakpoint gdbserver exit with "Child terminated with signal = 0x5". Gdbserver version 6.3 is running on a debian linux box because I don't have the embedded card yet (and is the standard packet installed with debian linux). Does gdbserver support debugging of multithreaded applications? If not, where can I find patch to do this? (I read something about but I don't found nothing).

Thanks in advance, bye.

Reply to
ghiggia

Hi,

I have tried gdb 6.4 and it does support multithreaded applications. It tells you when a new thread is created and you can have a list of your application's threads. However, while debugging a thread (e.g. execution step by step) all the other threads continue running normally. Depending on your applications this may be an issue or not.

You can download DGB 6.4 from

Good luck !

Reply to
Jesus Hernandez

Hi I don't understand if you use gdb or gdbserver. With gdb 6.3 I can debug locally a multithreaded application. I had the problem when I tried to debug the application remotely with gdbserver.

Jesus Hernandez ha scritto:

Reply to
ghiggia