Essay on Embedded Linux

Hi I have to write 1000 words on embedded GNU/linux. I need a link to information on an product that uses embedded linux and the specification on that product so I can write why to use embedded GNU/Linux for that product. Can anyone help? Many thanks Gazz

Reply to
gazz15

Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Jesus is my
                                  at               POSTMASTER GENERAL...
                               visi.com
Reply to
Grant Edwards

Hi,

Here comes a link to a report I had written last summer

Note however that this is copywrited material. Feel free to use the information in the report, and please contact me if you would like to quote parts of the report and publish it.

Best regards,

Ala> Hi

Reply to
Alain Mosnier

"gazz15" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Not sure whether this is what You are asking for, but the Asus WL500G Router uses (like many other routers) linux as OS, the specs can be found at the Asus site (however, maybe not in as much detail about the internal hardware as You would like but that might be in the source of the firmware) and the firmware is - along with the source code - downloadable as well. However, this file is always posted on the Asus site with the extension .zip and my winzip refuses to open it. Instead I have to add ".tgz" to it and then everyting is OK.

Hoping to have been of help I remain.

Yours sincerely, Rene

Reply to
Rene