Embedded linux installed base

Does anyone know of a website that might have some estimates on the installed base of linux embedded machines?

I'm running into some flak about "no one uses linux" and "no one understands linux" from mgt.... and I need some backup data...

Apparently one of our sister companies installed an "embedded PC" - basically a regular PC with hard drives and all - in an outside enclosure, and it promptly failed when winter came. It's because of 'linux', not because of boneheaded design....

So I need something that says, there are 100 million cell phones running embedded linux, there are 5 million linux programmers, etc.

Thanks....

Reply to
Captain Dondo

Hi Captain,

Great Gadget Smack-Down at

should be a good start.

It is never an easy debate.

I had myself tried to go through the possible arguments for or against last summer, and had written a report after that, which you can find at

Good luck.

Best regards,

Alain

Capta> Does anyone know of a website that might have some estimates on the

Reply to
Alain Mosnier

When I hear this resistance from my group I just pull out a list of products that are embedded Linux based, e.g. Tivo, wrt54g router, zaurus pda, etc. There's several millions of all of those. But,

may have better info.

-Clark

Reply to
Anonymous