Embedded database recommendation?

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good embedded database with a C++ API ?

My requirements are somewhat vague at this point, but I'll probably only have a few tables (< 10) and just need fast lookup of indexed records. Probably don't need sophisticated query capabilities.

Thanks,

-Randy

Reply to
RJGraham

Hi Randy,

Have a look at our eXtremeDB. It's an in-memory database, with a number of persistence options, so the performance is unmatched.

eXtremeDB is a library that varies in size from 50K to 160K depending on features, platform, etc, and offer C and C++ programming interfaces.

Best regards, McObject

Reply to
Information

Yes, this one is on the radar.

I'll take a look, thanks !

-Randy

Reply to
RJGraham

It might not fit your needs but you might want to be aware of Run Time Access. It puts a PostgreSQL interface onto normal C data structures.

Bob

RJGraham wrote:

Reply to
Bob Smith

Thanks Bob, I'll take a look.

-Randy

Reply to
RJGraham

You may wish to check out codebase.

Amir

You can try firebird, an opensource derivative of interbase.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus