Embedded.com FUD

Has anyone else seen this load of FUD on embedded.com?

I expect more from them than to publish attack ads (from one of their major advertisers, no less) disguised as articles.

okalex

Reply to
okalex

Yep. Saw it last week and sent an response CCed to all embedded engineers, I know, that may be duped by this. Here is an extract... "Motivation of this article is to put doubt on the minds of embedded Linux adoptees. I think a bit of perspective is called for . G...hills sells very expensive embedded software systems which have been approved for safety critical systems such as aircrafts and heart implants. .....[some confidential pricing stats]... These prices would be ok for a safety critical system. However most embedded products out there are none safety critical (eg: microwaves, routers, phones =85etc) and since embedded Linux came to the market, it has been cutting in to the profitability of G...hills and other embedded software houses. So I see nothing new in this attack on embedded Linux (heck its like what Microsoft tries to do). On top of that this guy is selectively pushing propaganda about other major embedded houses...... Sure I wouldn=92t use embedded Linux for a safety critical system; But it=92s good enough for a high reliability system."

Reply to
Janaka