embedded cell phone

Anyone know of a cell-phone modem that can be part of an embedded solution? Just like a wired modem would?

We would like to put phone capability into our product.

Reply to
CptDondo

I think there is a Sprint cell phone modem that connects via PCMCIA but I am not sure of its model number. I know that it has an SDK to work with.

Dan

Reply to
dbudik

Check out the g20 modules from Motorola. They are an embedded data-capable cell phone solution in a VERY small package (tri-band GSM).

Standard disclaimer: I actually work for Motorola, though not in the cell phone division. But I have worked with these things and they are pretty damn sweet from an embedded interfacing perspective.

John O.

Reply to
jro

Siemens have a range of GSM/GPRS/EDGE modules. See

Brian

CptD> Anyone know of a cell-phone modem that can be part of an embedded

Sie

Reply to
Brian Harper