Data transfer from ethernet to memory cards?

Hello,

Maybe someone can help:

I have an embedded linux system (2.4 MIPSEL) without driver for USB memory devices and also it seems not to be possible to get the source of the linux distribution. A CF slot is included, but it is used for the system.

I need to transfer data to the user's: So I want to connect a device via the ethernet and write data to it. The device should be able to store this data on e.g. a CompactFlash card or USB stick. Is such a solution available? It should not to be too expensive (< 200 EUR). A CF card reader with ethernet interface instead of usb would be a solution, but I have never heard about such a device.

Greetings

Ernst

Reply to
Ernst Murnleitner

How many of these devices do you need?

If it is only one then a computer could be used to share a compact flash card on an ethernet network.

/Rune

Reply to
Rune Christensen

Rune Christensen schrieb:

ok, an embedded computer with both, ethernet and usb could be used.

Greetings

Ernst Murnleitner

Reply to
Ernst Murnleitner

That could be an USB print server :-) You need to hack the printer server and create some new firmware.

If 128MB xD-picture cards could be used as the storage medium then you could use this one:

You need to create your own firmware but the TCP/IP stack should be included with the programming software (Dynamic C). Development kit costs 399$ maybe a little to expensive for your project.

If for example SD/MMC cards could be used as the storage medium then this one has an ethernet interface and a SPI interface that can be connected to the SD/MMC card:

Look at page 15 in:

/Rune

Reply to
Rune Christensen