Core dump basics

Hi,

I need some basic help about core dumps inspection. I'm inspecting mips core dumps on PC host with a cross gdb (version 6.3).

First of my problems, Linux looks like not dumping shared libraries.

With gdb I need to use "add-symbol-file" and the address where the shared library was loaded. But is there a way to extract those informations (library name and address) from the core dump, because for now I have to look in /proc//map before the process crashes : and this is not always obvious to do this.

Second of my problems, the stack pointer of the process is not always in the state that gdb is awaiting. So he is complaining about corrupted stack, and does not print the backtrace in the right way. Is there a way to print the backtrace, even when the stack pointer was not yet "prepared" by the called function.

Reply to
VspaceG

The answer to my questions is "solib-search-path".

thanks,

Reply to
VspaceG