Control USB port power on USB hub

Hi all,

Do anyone know how to turn on and off the power to a USB hub. I understand that the USB 1.1 standard has this feature SET_FEATURE/PORT_ENABLE and your USB hardware has the switches.

We would like to power cycle hardware connected via USB.

Thanks.

Reply to
Harold Chu

I had a look at the code in hub.c and couldn't find any part that controlled the power.

I've found that if you call:

usb_clear_port_feature(hub->dev, port_num, USB_PORT_FEAT_POWER);

you can turn the power off. It looks like can hack a proc fs interface to this.

Reply to
Harold Chu